[cvsnt] "An error occurred during logon" - Win2K3, CVSNT 2.0.51

rfplctu02 at sneakemail.com rfplctu02 at sneakemail.com
Mon Jun 6 18:27:18 BST 2005

We're running CVSNT 2.0.51 on Windows Server 2003.
We're using pserver protocol with all of the users
aliased to a single domain user.

We keep getting these in the event logs every few
seconds:

Event Type:	Failure Audit
Event Source:	Security
Event Category:	Logon/Logoff
Event ID:	537
Date:		6/6/2005
Time:		10:24:30 AM
User:		NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer:	SLCDEPLOY
Logon Failure:
 	Reason:		An error occurred during logon
 	User Name:
 	Domain:
 	Logon Type:	3
 	Logon Process:	CVSNT
 	Authentication Package:	Negotiate
 	Workstation Name:	SLCDEPLOY
 	Status code:	0x80090303
 	Substatus code:	0x0
 	Caller User Name:	SLCDEPLOY$
 	Caller Domain:	SLCOUNTY
 	Caller Logon ID:	(0x0,0x3E7)
 	Caller Process ID:	3340
 	Transited Services:	-
 	Source Network Address:	-
 	Source Port:	-

Is there something I can change to make these go away?

Also, we are having to reboot the machine about once a
week, or CVSNT will get so slow that it is unusable.  There
isn't much else running on the machine, and I wouldn't be
surprised if CVSNT were the culprit with all of those
security errors being constantly logged.

Do newer versions of CVSNT behave better on Win2k3?

Apologies if this has been addressed before.  Your mailing
list archives don't seem to be searchable (unless I'm missing
something).

Terry Lacy
Systems Analyst
SL County IS                    "It is better to light a
rfplctu02 at sneakemail.com         flamethrower than curse the
Office: (801) 468-2975           darkness."
Mobile: (801) 557-4348                       Terry Pratchett