[cvsnt] Re: Building on Cygwin...

Jari Ahonen jah at progress.com
Mon Jun 13 14:06:12 BST 2005

> > CVSGraph as well as Enscript highlighting is working just
> > fine right out of the box for me using the very latest version
> > of CVSNT and  ViewCvs from CVS head as of May 18 this year.
>
> I guess I need to take a second look at this.

Now I again remember why I couldn't get this to work when I tried
this a while ago and eventually decided to go with Cygwin everything.

I've again spent hours trying to figure out why trying to use
Windows encript always causes Python exception with error

error: (2, 'CreateProcess', 'The system cannot find the file
specified.')

Tried putting it in path, specifying path in config file, specifying
executable in config file, copying DLLs in various places and nothing
made it work.

Then I added a debug statement in win32popen.py that prints the command
line before it executes it. Turns out that enscript runs just fine but
then it can't find 'sed'. Well obviously it can't because that's not in
path and there is no way of telling ViewCVS where to find it.

Putting 'sed' into PATH solves the final problem.

Thanks for everyone who pointed me to right direction.

- Jari