[cvsnt] Re: Problem with xcopy in postcommand scirpt

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Mon Jun 13 20:07:39 BST 2005

Matt Schuckmann wrote:
> I'll try the "net use" statement but I don't think that is the problem it
> appears to be more fundimental to the xcopy (see my reply to Tony's post).

The user's rights when impersonated can't be transferred to another
system.  Even if you use a UNC or NET USE (without specifying
credentials explicitly) it won't work.  Get the XCOPY issue working
first, then you can try:

NET USE z: \\server\share /user:username password

That should work but it requires you hard-code a username an password to
use by your script.

The XCOPY problem could be a permissions problem, but I don't have any
specific advice without more specifics beyond what Bo already offered.

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett