[cvsnt] Re: Problem with xcopy in postcommand scirpt

Matt Schuckmann matthew_schuckmann at amat.com
Mon Jun 13 21:28:11 BST 2005

I don't know how to get any more specific than I already have.

If you have a chance try adding the following line to your postcommand
triggers file and let me know what you get.

DEFAULT xcopy.exe /?

or add the same xcopy call to a batch file to be executed, whichever you
prefer.

You should get the help message for xcopy but all I get is a whole bunch of
nothing.

So far I haven't found anything about xcopy that should prevent it from
working.
I tried adding:
DEFAULT cp /?
to postcommand and I get the usage message for cp.
(This brings up a side issue, how do you prevent the default parameters from
getting passed to the trigger command? Say you wanted to send no parameters
to the command how would you do that?)

Maybe the issue has something to do with the way CVSNT shells out to run
trigger commands, what system call is used to exectute the command.

Part of the reason for this whole issue is that you can't checkout or export
to a network share, given the prevalence of networks these days and the way
many companies want thier employee's to use network file shares, it seems
pretty limiting . I understand the reasons why it's not advised but so many
people want to do it for various reasons that it should be doable. Pretty
much every other CM system out there doesn't care where you are checking out
to. I can understand the limitation on the repository location but not so
much on the sandboxes and the fact that people have problems with the export
command doesn't make any sense at all to me.

Matt S.

news:d8klhr$ci7$1 at paris.nodomain.org...