[cvsnt] Re: Keyword 'properties' breaks rcs keyword ordering

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Mon Jun 13 22:34:41 BST 2005

David Somers wrote:
> It could be that in the odd place (I'm thinking annotate) that viewcvs is
> not doing cvs rcsfile even though its been told to do so. I don't know the
> internals of viewcvs to comment further.

Possibly just a bug, unless there's something wrong with the annotate in
cvsnt (which I can fix if that's the case).

> Sure... but nobody wants viewcvs or cvsgraph to break... but it looks like
> some burning of the midnight oil is happening and these issues can be
> resolved.

It's only a temporary situation (temporary meaning hopefully less than a
year) before everything ends up in the database.

I'll probably write something that spits out an RCS file even then so
it's possible to use older software... of course it won't be seamless
but will help in the corner cases.

I'm not aware of anything that parses the files directly any more
though.. cvsgraph was a surprise as I'd always assumed that just called
rcslog.