[cvsnt] Re: Keyword 'properties' breaks rcs keyword ordering

David Somers dsomers at trevezel.com
Mon Jun 13 23:00:42 BST 2005

> It's only a temporary situation (temporary meaning hopefully less than a
> year) before everything ends up in the database.

At school we had some temporary classrooms... I think they'd been there for
about 15 years when I started... and when I left they were still there...
and it wasn't until many years later that they got replaced by
bricks&mortar.

What I'm saying is beware of anything temporary... it may well linger longer
than you originally planned! :-)

> I'll probably write something that spits out an RCS file even then so
> it's possible to use older software... of course it won't be seamless
> but will help in the corner cases.

A good move.

> I'm not aware of anything that parses the files directly any more
> though.. cvsgraph was a surprise as I'd always assumed that just called
> rcslog.

It was a surprise to me too... I though I'd dig into the code to see why I
was getting a parse error, then suddenly I found myself face-to-face with
lex and yacc!

Cheers,

David