[cvsnt] BUG: Corrupted binary files

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Jun 14 11:57:54 BST 2005

Kevin wrote:
> By the way the files we are dealing with were *removed* on the HEAD version
> but are still alive on the branch.

That could have been the same issue since everything is related to HEAD
(although I'm not sure it could have manifested itself in that way.. not
really keen on reintroducing the bug to find out!).

> I can hand you a problematic file that you may take a look at and the
> 'original' file that was committed, should I attach it to the mailing list?
> The file at the tip of the branch is not the same as the committed file.

It's better to see if you can repeat the problem with a recent build and
produce a script.  If the file was corrupted by the old issue then
there's not a lot of point in testing with it.