[cvsnt] Re: update -A no longer resets sticky tag on modified files

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Tue Jun 14 12:40:33 BST 2005

Tony Hoyle wrote:

> Oliver Giesen wrote:
>
> > I just had to do this again and found that CVSNT would no longer
> > reset the sticky tag on modified files. Is this intentional? If so,
> > how could I turn it off again?!
> >
> > I just upgraded my client binary to 2.5.01.1997 before doing this
> > but couldn't say when was the last time this worked. No more than a
> > one or two weeks I think...
> > The server is still 2.0.51d .
> >
> I'd expect that to be a server issue.. the client really doesn't do a
> lot of work during an update.  A quick test shows it to be working
> here.

Well, that's what I would have tought as well but the server hasn't
been updated for quite some time and I'm 200% sure I have done this
numerous times without problems since then.
Anyway, good to know (kinda) it's not an intentional change.

Are there any predictions yet on when you're going to label the current
2.5.01.x releases "stable"?
I could get away with using the test candidates on the client side and
for local tests but the production server will only ever get the
"certifiedly" stable ones and even those only after a reasonable amount
of time without any quirks reported (which is why we're still on
2.0.51d - though I'm increasingly annoyed by the quirks that have by
now turned up in that one as well - most notably the inability to rtag
- that's why I'm rather eager to upgrade rather sooner than later).

Cheers,

--
Oliver
MSN:  ogiesen at hotmail.com