[cvsnt] unedit needs a suppress option to ignore "revert changes"prompt

David Somers dsomers at trevezel.com
Thu Jun 16 11:34:15 BST 2005

Hi Zsolt,

> I badly need an option to suppress the
> file "has been modified; revert changes?"
> question at unedit command. The prompt occurs when one tries to unedit a
> modified file. I have not found any option to make this prompt suppressed.
>
> But I found that release command has a -y option which omits the calling
> of yesno_prompt function.
>
> cvs -H release
> Usage: cvs release [-d [-f]] [-e] [-y] directories...
>          -y      Assume answer yes to all questions.

Seems like a good idea... some consistency of options across commands would
be good.

> This task seems to be just a piece of cake, and if this upgrade is
> acceptable by the cvsnt community, I would like to implement this option
> into unedit command (edit.cpp). Just I do not know how can the cvsnt
> source be altered by an "outsider"?Is it possible to reach cvsnt
> repository with developer cvs access? Or should I send my modifications
> to a cvsnt developer? I know that there is an anonymous cvs access to
> the actual source.

The easiest way is to knock up a patch of the changes (diff -u) and sent it
to this list... and cc Tony Hoyle (tmh AT nodomain DOT org) who
commits/manages/whatever the cvsnt source respository.

BTW, from personal experience, never assume that modifying the cvsnt code is
a piece of cake... I'm still recovering from getting the -I@ option to work
(as Tony said, import.cpp is hairy!).

Greetings from Luxembourg,

David