[cvsnt] using old CVSROOT

Chorian, Deanna dchorian at t-systemsus.com
Wed Mar 2 19:35:58 GMT 2005

Hello everyone,
 I am very new to CVS so please forgive me if this is an obvious one.  I recently installed cvsnt (2.0.58d) and wincvs on a laptop running windows 200 that uses DHCP to obtain an IP address.  When I set up the repositories and CVSROOT I used the IP address assigned to the laptop at that time.  It is now several days later and I have a new IP address assigned.  I have set CVSROOT to use the new IP and I am trying to login to cvs but the error message keeps telling me it can't access the old IP.

I tried logging in using the -d option to supply the info and was able to login to cvs but then when I try to do any command it tells me it can't access the server and gives the old IP.

I have tried unistalling and reinstalling cvsnt and wincvs (even installed a newer version of this, now using 13b24), logging out, and rebooting!  Somehow it is still remembering that old IP!!  I have looked everywhere I can think of for a file containing this but to no avail.

Does anyone know how to fix this???

THANKS in ADVANCE FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!!!
Most Humbly,
Deanna Chorian