[cvsnt] ssh in cvsnt with wincvs

ankush grover ankush174 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 3 09:22:55 GMT 2005

Hey friends,

I am trying to use ssh with Wincvs 1.3 and my CVSNT is
2.0.We were using pserver before and when we try to
shift to sspi it shows on the dialog window
"Encryption is off".

Then we tried to you ssh,after making changes for the
ssh like choosing  protocol ssh .The Wincvs says
"Change CVSRoot to use ssh protocol. "

Below is what Wincvs is saying

CVSROOT change will only take effect when commands are
run from a non-CVS folder.
To change the CVSROOT of an existing sandbox please
use the ChangeRoot macro.

My current repository is C:\cvsrepo and I have choosen
prefix this repository in CVSNT and root repository is
ankush(c:\cvsrepo\ankush).

Then I tried CVSRoot macro from Macros->CVS->ChangeCVS
Root.The Wincvs asks me to tell the old CVROOT so i
gave ankush and then it ask me for the new cvsroot at
this time i gave ankush2,it shows

changing CVSROOT  to ankush2 ...
Changed 0 Root entries

Can anybody please tell me how to change the protocol
from pserver to ssh and why it is saying "Encryption
Off" in case of sspi.

Moreover is it possible to restrict users to checkout
some modules.

I know i am asking too much question in one go but the
need is urgent

Thanks & Regards

Ankush