[cvsnt] Re: CVSLock 2.0.58d - perfomance issues - reposted

Morten Jøhnk Morten.Joehnk at edlund.dk
Thu Mar 3 09:39:24 GMT 2005

Hi

We are seeing something that might be the same problem on our cvs-server. (CVSNT 2.0.41a, sspi & pserver, Xeon 2,8 + 1GB RAM and SCSI RAID 10 (hardware RAID). No AV software installed. Windows Server 2003)

I cannot provoke the problem as easily as you but with 4 or 5 users (and always when at least one of them is doing tag or branch operations) it will suddenly start leaking several 1000 locks and the lockserver CPU usage will go very high (full load on one of the virtual (hyperthreaded)  CPUs) and throughput falls to nearly nothing. It can run for several days without this happening. The only remedy seems to be to find the cvs.exe running the tag/branch and kill it.

/MJ