[cvsnt] Re: CVSLock 2.0.58d - perfomance issues - reposted

Joe Enfield joeenfield at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 3 13:23:17 GMT 2005

Just wanted to report that we are seeing the same sort of problem with CVSNT
server 2.0.58a.
We do not have AV installed.

It looks like it initially got FUBARed when one person was committing some
changes and at the same time another person was trying to create a developer
branch.
One of the cvs processes hung, and eventually used up 2GB of memory on the
server.

Joe E

"Morten Jøhnk" <Morten.Joehnk at edlund.dk> wrote in message
news:mailman.249.1109842778.2568.cvsnt at cvsnt.org...
Hi

We are seeing something that might be the same problem on our cvs-server.
(CVSNT 2.0.41a, sspi & pserver, Xeon 2,8 + 1GB RAM and SCSI RAID 10
(hardware RAID). No AV software installed. Windows Server 2003)

I cannot provoke the problem as easily as you but with 4 or 5 users (and
always when at least one of them is doing tag or branch operations) it will
suddenly start leaking several 1000 locks and the lockserver CPU usage will
go very high (full load on one of the virtual (hyperthreaded)  CPUs) and
throughput falls to nearly nothing. It can run for several days without this
happening. The only remedy seems to be to find the cvs.exe running the
tag/branch and kill it.

/MJ