[cvsnt] Re: Slow authentication with cvsnt and sspi

Krogsgaard, Lotte LK518710 at teradata-ncr.com
Fri Mar 4 17:52:18 GMT 2005

I managed to find a solution for my performance problems:

I created a local user on the CVS server (called CVSUser) (which has Deny
login locally security policy switched on)
I added this local user into the CVSUsers group which previously only had
the domain accounts added
In the Advanced tab of the CVS Service Control Panel, I specified  the local
CVSSERVER\CVSUser account as 'Run as user'
The readers file is the CVSROOT of the repositories still work as I would
like

- and repository access has GREATLY improved.

Users are still authenticated through the domain - and they don't need to
specify a password.

/Lotte