[cvsnt] Re: Renaming Branch Tags (Alias Tags)

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Fri Mar 4 19:22:36 GMT 2005

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 10:58:38 -0800, "David Hauck"
<davidh at netacquire.com> wrote:

>Thanks Derek, I hadn't realized you could perform the same function with
>"cvs admin" (I did wonder about the availability of a simple "rename"
>function). BTW, where does one find descriptions of these options - none of
>the obvious documentation links illustrate them (neither "rtag -A" nor
>"admin -n")?
>Regards, -David

I think that renames are not documented because they are not fully
ready yet. There has been a way of renaming files and also changing
the file type available for a while. But I think I saw not so long ago
some words from Tony about working to get these stable. Apparently
some issues are not yet really solved.
After that has happened you can expect to see support in WinCvs GUI as
well as Tortoise...

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)