[cvsnt] Re: Broken RCS file?

John Peacock jpeacock at rowman.com
Mon Mar 7 21:50:32 GMT 2005

Tony Hoyle wrote:
> A cygwin client could have done that... it means that revision will
> checkout incorrectly, but the others should be OK.

I deleted the extraneous \x0D characters and I can indeed check out that
revision correctly now.

> If you can checkout the individual revisions the error is not in the
> delta text though so I don't see where it's failing.

It turns out that somehow the text at the end of the file was causing
the problems:

> 1.1.1.1
> log
> @setting up perl for cimarron
> @
> text
> @@
> \x0D
> \x0CPROJECT.CFG\x0D

I deleted everything after the @@ line and the log once again works
fine.  I don't know how that text got there...

John