[cvsnt] Accessing CVSNT via pserver from VMS

John Peacock jpeacocK at rowman.com
Tue Mar 8 18:42:48 GMT 2005

I have a VMS box that I have been "happily" using CVSNT with until yesterday,
when I upgraded to 2.0.58d (from 2.0.41).  Since then, I have been unable to
figure out how to set $CVSROOT to work.  It used to work just fine with

	-d :pserver:server-name:/w//cvs-repository

(where the repository is in the W:\cvs-repository on the CVSNT server).  Now, I get:

	/w//cvs-repository: no such repository

and no other variant method of setting CVSROOT works.  I don't want to have to
set a repository prefix (since that will break each and every existing sandbox),
but I will if I have to.

The VMS system is running a 1.12.2 CVS client and I cannot upgrade past that
because there have been no later ports.

Suggestions?

John