[cvsnt] Re: Accessing CVSNT via pserver from VMS

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Mar 8 18:46:22 GMT 2005

John Peacock wrote:
> and no other variant method of setting CVSROOT works.  I don't want to
> have to set a repository prefix (since that will break each and every
> existing sandbox), but I will if I have to.

It's all repository aliases not not prefixes - the old /x// system is
pretty obsolete.

> The VMS system is running a 1.12.2 CVS client and I cannot upgrade past
> that because there have been no later ports.

Do you know enough about VMS & have enough time to attempt a CVSNT port?
  It should be possible, although I've not used VMS since my student days.

> Suggestions?

You should be able to set an alias of /w//cvs-repository so your
existing sandboxes will work.  Also add one of /cvs-repository or
something similar to migrate sandboxes to something more standard over time.