[cvsnt] Re: Switch to user failed due to configuration error Windows 2003 server

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Mon Mar 14 19:27:20 GMT 2005

Tony Hoyle wrote:
> I think under some configurations LocalSystem doesn't get the
> impersonation right as default.  I haven't been able to determine what
> conditions though (it always works first time when I try).

My best guess at the moment is if the system admin has hardened the
active directory server it removes this privilege from all users, and it
has to be added back in to run cvsnt impersonating (more secure would be
a special user setup to do this).

I actually like this - it means MS are starting to value security over
convenience... it does mean the admins have to know how to enable the
specific privilege though.