[cvsnt] Re: Issue with cvs update: cannot rename files Bad Address

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Thu Mar 17 16:31:52 GMT 2005

rajiv kumar wrote:
> Error: While updating through the command line, I am getting the
> following errors for different files.It is not consistent and neither
> am able to repro it.
>
> cvs [update aborted]: cannot rename file
> _new_add_globaldata_oracle.sql to add_globaldata_oracle.sql: Bad
> address
>
> Configuration of the server : OS : windows 2000 Server SP4 CVSNT :
> CVSNT2.0.11
>
> Configuratin of the Client : OS : windows 2000 Server SP4 WinCVS
> 1.3.14.1 Beta 14 (Build 1)

I've noticed that error occasionally too on other people's machines, but
it's been fairly rare to happen and I don't think it's ever happened to
me (although I don't remember seeing "Bad address").  The key
difference:  I'm certain that the affected computers still have real
time scanning enabled where their sandboxes are.  Try disabling the
real-time scan on your sandbox(es) and see if that improves the situation.

--
Glen Starrett