[cvsnt] Re: Unable to get sserver working

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Mar 17 19:05:23 GMT 2005

Jason Williard wrote:
> I just completed the installation of cvsnt-2.0.58d on a Fedora Core 1
> machine.  The installation seems to have worked and I am able to connect
> remotely via pserver.  However, I am not able to get sserver working.  I am
> connecting via TortoiseCVS.  I am not sure where the issue lies, but I am
> assuming it has to do with how I setup the xinetd service.  Here's what I
> have.

Check your syslog on the Linux machine, and the event log on the Windows
machine - they will have more detail.

To remove the possibility of client issues try connecting via sserver
directly on the Linux machine.  If that works the server is OK and the
client is the issue.

Usually client issues are down to the ca.pem file either not installed
or missing the CA public key to verify the server certificate (shouldn't
be a problem if it's a self-sign or issued by a well known registry though).