[cvsnt] Unable to get sserver working

Jason Williard jason at pcsafe.com
Thu Mar 17 18:43:57 GMT 2005

I just completed the installation of cvsnt-2.0.58d on a Fedora Core 1
machine.  The installation seems to have worked and I am able to connect
remotely via pserver.  However, I am not able to get sserver working.  I am
connecting via TortoiseCVS.  I am not sure where the issue lies, but I am
assuming it has to do with how I setup the xinetd service.  Here's what I
have.

CURRENT ERROR:
---
cvs checkout: SSL connection failed (-1): error:140770FC:SSL
routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol cvs [checkout aborted]:
Connection to server failed
---

Here is what I have installed:
 - Fedora Core 1
 - cvsnt-2.0.58d
 - OpenSSL 0.9.7a

The SSL key and certificate have been installed in /etc/ssh and the
appropriate lines have been updated in /usr/local/etc/cvsnt/PServer.

Here are the xinetd services:

CVSPSERVER:
---
service cvspserver
{
        disable         = no
        port            = 2401
        socket_type     = stream
        protocol        = tcp
        wait            = no
        user            = root
        group           = root
        passenv         = PATH
        env             = 'HOME=/cvs'
        server          = /usr/local/bin/cvs
        server_args     = -f authserver
}
---

CVSSSERVER
---
service cvssserver
{
        disable         = no
        port            = 8003
        socket_type     = stream
        protocol        = tcp
        wait            = no
        user            = root
        group           = root
        passenv         = PATH
        env             = 'HOME=/cvs'
        server          = /usr/local/bin/cvs
        server_args     = -f authserver
}
---

My assumption is that there should either be a different server or
server_args or both for sserver, but I can't find any documentation on that.
Any help would be appreciated.

---
Thank You,
Jason Williard