[cvsnt] Binary files are modified on commit

Adrian Demetrescu daemeh2 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 24 11:56:52 GMT 2005

I have the lastest cvsnt installed on a windows machine. I have a problem when committing binary files from a Macintosh machine. I use MacCvsX, and these are the steps taken:

- use the import command to add a directory containing one binary file to the repository:
   cvs -z9 import -I ! -I CVS -W "*.mcp -k 'b'" -m "no message" Test avendor arelease

- I delete the directory and do a checkout. The binary file(which is a codewarrior project) works fine.

- as the file is modified when I opened it with codewarrior, I do a commit:
   cvs -z9 commit -m haha Test/Editor.mcp

- then I delete the file and do an update to retrieve it from cvs: the file is now corrupted

  Comparing the two files, I found that the difference is that all the 0x0D bytes from the file have been converted to 0x0A.
  Why does this happen and how can I fix it?

  On Mac I have cvs version 1.11.19. Cvsnt is version 2.5.01 build 1910