[cvsnt] Re: Binary files are modified on commit

Adrian Demetrescu daemeh2 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 25 08:18:56 GMT 2005

To clear things up a bit, I stopped using MacCvsX, I just used the cvs command at the shell prompt:

- I created a repository with some text files with the import command, then checkout

- I added my binary file in that directory and used these commands to add it:

   cvs -d $CVSROOT add -kb -m "blah" Project.mcp

   cvs -d $CVSROOT commit -m "bla" Project.mcp

   Then with "cvs -d $CVSROOT status Project.mcp" I get expansion option "b", sticky option "-kb", others are set to "(none)".

   At this point, I opened the project file in codewarrior, and it works. Codewarrior modified the file, I reopened it and it still works.

  Then I commit the file again, it was modified by codewarrior:

  cvs -d $CVSROOT commit -m "new" Project.mcp

  A status command returns the same flags as above. I delete the file and update, the file is damaged. Then I try to retrieve the first version which should be working, that one is still damaged.

 I checked the ,v file in the repository and the 1.2 part is as big as it should be, while the 1.1 part is only a small portion of the file.

Here are some lines from the Project.mcp,v file:

head 1.2;
access;
symbols;
locks; strict;
comment @# @;
expand @b@;

1.2
date 2005.03.25.07.52.29; author user; state Exp;
branches;
next 1.1;
deltatype text;
permissions 666;
commitid ae04243c33c02eb;
kopt b;
filename @Project.mcp@;

1.1
date 2005.03.25.07.51.41; author user; state Exp;
branches;
next ;
deltatype text;
permissions 666;
commitid 4dc4243c30d0251;
kopt b;
filename @Project.mcp@;

desc
@@

1.2
log
@ahaa
@
text

... binary part ...

1.1
log
@bla
@
text
@d55 1
a55 1

... very small binary part ...

Sorry for the multiple posts, I hope this says it all.