[cvsnt] Ignoring binary files on merge

Nicholson, Eric enicholson at parappsys.com
Fri Mar 25 14:44:43 GMT 2005

Does anyone know of a good way to automatically keep the current binary file
if a merge will produce a conflict, rather than performing the default
"copy" operation?  I looked at the cvswrappers doc, but  copy" or "merge"
don't quite do what I want.

I'm getting ready to maintain two versions of a product for the long-haul as
branches in CVS, one with new features and another with just maintenance
fixes. Unfortunately there are some unavoidable binary resource files that
need to be maintained with the source code.  I realize that it will keep a
backup in the case that it overwrites my file, but in this particular case,
I'd rather it just do nothing.

Many Thanks,
Eric Nicholson