[cvsnt] Re: Ignoring binary files on merge

Nicholson, Eric enicholson at parappsys.com
Fri Mar 25 15:45:25 GMT 2005

Right, I understand that behaviour, and it works great when I'm making a
short development branch.  But when I merge fixes from a big maintenance
branch into the development version, I might have 20 conflicted files that
get overwritten (albeit with backups).  I don't want to have to manually
delete and restore the backup for every single file.  I'd much rather have
CVSNT just ignore certain filetypes when there is a conflict as the new
development version is much closer to what I want then the (slightly
improved) old version.

I'm not averse to writing a script to handle this if anyone has ideas on how
that might work...

Thanks Again,
Eric