[cvsnt] cvs chacl permission error

Elaine . cmap_sec at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Mar 29 14:52:23 BST 2005

hi
I have cvsnt set up on a fedora 3 box authenticating
to active directory and that works. I'm trying to get
my repository with access permissions. I can then cvs
checkout name it ok, though I can't seem to run chacl
-
at the repository root i can see the folder "project".
cvs chacl -R project username:rw project
cvs chacl: in directory .:
cvs [chacl aborted]: there is no version here; do 'cvs
checkout' first

the username is the username i created the project as
with cvs update branch and is a windows active dir
name. I've also tried with a manually copied across
project, same result. What am i doing wrong ? won't
windows permissions work on linux ?
Elaine