[cvsnt] Re: After upgrade CVSNT requires domainname in username

Luigi D. Sandon cp at sandon.it
Mon May 2 11:01:09 BST 2005

> Possibly something in CVSROOT\passwd giving alternate passwords?

I have a question about this. I have a CVSNT repository which is hosted
on a Windows 2000 domain controller (the network is very small, and this
is one of the few stable machines. Moreover it has a RAID controller and
two NICs). The clients uses sspi to connect and everything is fine.

But we have a few portable PC which came with XP Home that should log in
using pserver. I can't get it to work if Run As User is set to [client
user]. I get some "access denied" error, i.e. creating file in the temp
dir. I tried to alias the pserver login to different domain accounts -
all of them have access to the directories - no way. The default domain
is set to the domain name.

I do not understand if a pserver account should be aliased to a "local
account" which a DC does not have (only domain accounts), or if it could
be aliased to domain accounts too.

In general, the explanation on how to setup pserver accounts (and
accounts in general) is still clumsy in the documentation and too
Unix-oriented, while CVSNT is often used in Windows environments.

Any help would welcome, thank you.