[cvsnt] Re: Alert: Binary files are corrupted when you do acvsremove

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu May 12 00:35:40 BST 2005

Luigi D. Sandon wrote:
> Maybe with a group of experienced user with enough time to verify and filter
> the bugs in the database it could work - but could be a problem to "mantain"
> too many releases - they should be "reduced" to a few ones, even many seem
> to be still using very "old" releases.

The problem is background noise.. people with installation issues or
problems with known workarounds, or on non-current versions (although I
support 2.0.58d for installation/updates there's unlikely to be another
version of it...).  I also prefer that there's a bit of discussion here
before things are confirmed as bugs...

Todo at the moment is add -r (which makes sense), add -b (missing
option, requested by a customer) and have a look at deleting binary
files (I've no idea what could cause that though as that code is very
old).  Anything else is basically 2.5.02 stuff (and I'm starting a clean
sheet for that as the entire core's been ripped out).

We get the same noise on the commercial site (often filed under the
wrong product as well).. it's simpler there, as it's simply closed with
'not a support customer' and referred to the list :)