[cvsnt] Re: Can't log in to cvsnt 2.5.01

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu May 12 23:27:47 BST 2005

On Thu, 12 May 2005 14:53:53 +0700, "commedo"
<commedo at portal.ebdesk.com> wrote:

>cvs [login aborted]: /usr/local/cvsroot: no such repository

This means that your server does not serve out a repository by this
name. You have to check the naming on the server.

>But, I can connect to CVSNT server locally using CVS client in same host,
>using:
>$ /usr/local/bin/cvs -d :local:/usr/local/cvsroot ls

Nope, you are *not* connecting to the cvs server at all when you use
the :local: protocol. What you are doing is that you direct your
*client* program to dig directly into the repository files instead of
passing via the server. No server is involved at all in :local:
operations.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)