[cvsnt] Re: Can't log in to cvsnt 2.5.01

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Fri May 13 00:26:07 BST 2005

commedo wrote:
> But while I'm trying to connect (log in) CVSNT server via remote using CVS
> client and WinCVS, the server return the following messages:
>
> CVS Client:
> $ /usr/local/bin/cvs -d :pserver:user at host:2401:/usr/local/cvsroot login
> Logging in to :pserver:user at host:2401:/usr/local/cvsroot
> CVS password:
> cvs [login aborted]: /usr/local/cvsroot: no such repository

Look in the /etc/cvsnt/Pserver file and add an entry for your repository
there.  You'll see each repository can have a name and path, and they
don't need to be the same thing (but some 3rd party stuff, e.g. cvsspam,
assumes they are the same).

#
# Repository definitions (0..n)
#
Repository0=/usr/local/cvsroot
Repository0Name=/usr/local/cvsroot

I think that should fix it for you, let us know if otherwise.

Also, you don't need to include the port when it is the default.

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett