[cvsnt] Windows Server Domain problem.

Charles J Gillan C.Gillan at ecit.qub.ac.uk
Fri May 13 15:48:19 BST 2005

Thanks to previous help on this list, we now have CVSNT working
on Windows XP - all is ok. This machine does not use Windows domain names.

We have tried to install now, to a machine running Windows Server 2003,
which does use domains. We get the following error:

     TCL is available, shell is enabled : help (select and press enter)
     cvs -d :sspi;hostname=vindaloo:/repo ls
     Fatal error, aborting.
     cvs.exe [ls aborted]: VINDALOO\Administrator: Switch to user failed due

           to configuration error.  Contact your System Administrator.

***** CVS exited normally with code 1 *****

We can't understand this because we were logged into the machine as a user
with Administrator privileges in the same domain VINDALOO.

Could someone explain the correct set-up for this situation ?

Thanks,

Charles.