[cvsnt] Re: Sandbox on network share

Luigi D. Sandon cp at sandon.it
Wed May 18 14:55:27 BST 2005

> Is it a problem to store the sandbox on the network? I know that the
> performance of WinCVS and cvsnt will decrease and that it will generate
> more network traffic.

It should work, as long as:

1) Your development tools works well in such a scenario (i.e.  compiler
and linker, IDE, debugger, etc.). Some of those tools do a lot of I/O.

2) "Metadata" stored by CVSNT in the sandbox are not a security issue
(or the permission on the sandox are well set)

If backing up the sandbox was important because commits are not enough,
it would be better to find a way to backup the local sandbox instead of
using a remote one.