[cvsnt] Re: rtag problem permissions problems.

Lehman, Curtis CLehman at carrieraccess.com
Wed May 18 15:21:22 BST 2005

Redid the command with the -t option like you asked for. Results are below.
I am using CVS version 2.0.51D on client and server. Is this a bug in CVS?
Is there any plans to fix it? Do to connection speeds between our server and
remote sight, I was looking for a way to make a branch from a known point
without having to check out the known point first.

Thanks,
Curt

C:\projects\Practice>cvs -t -t -t rtag  -b -r T_curt_1 BR_TEST_CREATE_MODULE
Pra
ctice
  -> Tracelevel set to 3.  PID is 2692
  -> Session ID is a84428a7bd774f1
  -> main loop with
CVSROOT=:sspi:clehman at cacvs.carrieraccess.com:/Engineering
  -> Requesting server cvsignore
  -> wrap_add(*.gif -kb, 0, 0)
  -> wrap_add(*.pdf -kb, 0, 0)
  -> wrap_add(*.bmp -kb, 0, 0)
  -> wrap_add(*.jpg -kb, 0, 0)
  -> wrap_add(*.jpeg -kb, 0, 0)
  -> wrap_add(*.png -kb, 0, 0)
  -> wrap_add(*.exe -kb, 0, 0)
  -> wrap_add(*.dll -kb, 0, 0)
  -> wrap_add(*.so -kb, 0, 0)
  -> wrap_add(*.a -kb, 0, 0)
  -> wrap_add(*.pdb -kb, 0, 0)
  -> wrap_add(*.lib -kb, 0, 0)
  -> wrap_add(*.o -kb, 0, 0)
  -> wrap_add(*.res -kb, 0, 0)
  -> wrap_add(*.class -kb, 0, 0)
  -> wrap_add(*.ogg -kb, 0, 0)
  -> wrap_add(*.mp3 -kb, 0, 0)
  -> Requesting server cvswrappers
  -> wrap_add(*.pdf -k 'b', 0, 1)
  -> wrap_add(*.PDF -k 'b', 0, 1)
  -> wrap_add(*.doc -k 'b', 0, 1)
  -> wrap_add(*.DOC -k 'b', 0, 1)
  -> wrap_add(*.a   -k 'b', 0, 1)
  -> wrap_add(*.o   -k 'b', 0, 1)
  -> wrap_add(*.exe -k 'b', 0, 1)
  -> Requesting server cvsrc (read-cvsrc2)
  -> Parsing global cvsrc started
  -> Parsing global cvsrc finished
cvs [rtag aborted]: could not chdir to /Engineering/flexengine_sec:
Permission d
enied