[cvsnt] Re: Latest updates

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Thu May 19 18:46:33 BST 2005

Tony Hoyle wrote:

> Oliver Giesen wrote:
>
> > What do you mean? The posts ARE all labeled "Latest Updates". The
> > only strange thing about them is that Tony seems to always post
> > them as replies to each other (though without the RE: prefix) so
> > that when you
>
> Nope.. just the same title.  They're always new posts.
>
> Dodgy newsreader???

Ah yes, I half-remembered that it wasn't always like that. Then I
remembered that XanaNews recently introduced an option to group threads
by subject if no reference header could be found, which actually is
kind of useful for relayed mailing lists like this one or the CVSGUI
one - with that one drawback obviously...

May I suggest including the actual version number in the subject line?
I think that would pretty much solve most of the concerns. Another
convention I've found used elsewhere which I find rather nice is
prefixing such posts with ANN: or [ANN] or something like that.

Cheers,

--
Oliver
JID:	ogiesen at jabber.org