[cvsnt] Re: Latest updates

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu May 19 20:54:16 BST 2005

On Thu, 19 May 2005 17:46:33 +0000 (UTC), "Oliver Giesen"
<ogware at gmx.net> wrote:

>May I suggest including the actual version number in the subject line?
>I think that would pretty much solve most of the concerns. Another
>convention I've found used elsewhere which I find rather nice is
>prefixing such posts with ANN: or [ANN] or something like that.

Seconded,
please use a subject like:
"Latest updates 2.5.01.1971"
This will show exactly what it is all about and replies to the thread
will be put at the right spot.
Right now replies to "Latest updates" are scattered in my newsreader
in at least 5-6 different places and if a guy replies to the latest
post by Tony one can be 50% sure it does end up in another thread than
the original. This happens most certainly if the reply is being
composed using the Microsoft Outlook 2000 email client. I know because
when I reply from work my replies invariably wind up in a separate
thread with the subject "Re: <original subject>" instead of in the
proper place, whereas if I do it in the newsreader it gets to the
correct thread. Many people use email clients...

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)