[cvsnt] cannot add local user

Prochazka, Jan Jan.Prochazka at brooks.com
Tue May 24 23:00:12 BST 2005

Hi All,
below is repost of my email to somebody else but with the similar issue.
It might help now too.
Cheers,
JP

-----------------------------------
I went through pserver recently when was asked to import some linux CVS
repositories and accept users from Linux environment.

The link (the most bottom post in particular)

http://www.cmcrossroads.com/boards/showflat-Number-32728-Main-31083

should give you the answers; at least it worked like a charm for me.
-----------------------------------

Behalf
> Of Matt Schuckmann
> Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2005 13:59
> To: cvsnt at cvsnt.org cvsnt downloads at march-hare.com @CVSNT on Twitter CVSNT on Facebook
> Subject: Re: [cvsnt] cannot add local user
>
> I think that the protocol you indicate in the CVSROOT string
determines
> how
> you authenticate
> i.e. pserver allows you to authenticate localy via .passwd file
> and sspi or sserver allows you to use domain authentication.
>
> Do I understand this correctly because I think that I"m going to need
> do
> both also.
>
> Matt S.
>

> "teknokrat" <teknokrat at yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:d6vml7$dn3$1 at paris.nodomain.org...
> > Ok, I get a different error now
> > authorization failed: server localhost rejected access to /cvs for
user
> > machine\user
> >
> > I assume this because cvsnt is set up to authenticate against the
> > domain. Can't i have it both ways - use domain and local users?
> >
> > NELSON Jeff wrote:
> > > Try using
> > >
> > > Cvs -d :pserver:localmachine\userid at loclahost:/cvs login

This email message, including any attachments, may contain confidential and proprietary information for the sole use of the intended recipient.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, copying or dissemination of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify Brooks Automation, Inc. immediately by reply email or by calling Brooks US Headquarters at +1 978-262-2400. Then delete this message from your system, without making any copy or distribution.  Thank you.