[cvsnt] Migrating CVS repository directory

Min ZOU zou.min at renesas.com
Wed May 25 02:17:54 BST 2005

Hi,

Thanks for all your replies!

Aaron Kynaston wrote:
> I don't know the server side of things very well, but all sandboxes with code from that repository will need to be updated.
>
> Whenever I do something simliar, I check in and delete all of the sandboxes (to ensure that all the code is in the repository.
>
> Then, move the repository and re-checkout.
>
> I think as long as your CVSROOT's specified go to the correct repositories you shoudn't have any issue.
>
> Whats your goal with multiple repositorys?

One primary goal is that to enable different user access control
policies for different repository, as they are separate projects.

So far I only know that I can set the access control at repository
level, i.e. setting 'admin', 'writers', 'config' under CVSROOT
directory. If I only have one repository, I am not sure how to grant
different access rights for different modules inside.

Any tips? Thanks!

--
Best regards,
Min