[cvsnt] Migrating CVS repository directory

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Wed May 25 12:52:55 BST 2005

Bo Berglund wrote:

> There are several different ways to handle the permission issues:
> 1) You can use NTFS access permissions on directories and files within
> the directory. ...
> 2) You can use the cvs chacl command to set fine grained permissions
> on the repository files. ...
> 3) You can use the readers and writers files ...

One thing I never got working within one repository (using the above
methods) is to completely hide a module. The clients don't get access, but
they get a message to the effect that module x is there but they can't get
it (on checkout or update on a higher directory).

Has anyone managed to use access restrictions (cvsnt repo on NTFS file
system) so that a non-accessible module is not visible for the ones who
don't have access, as if it weren't there at all?

Thanks,
Gerhard