[cvsnt] Cvs commit in batches of 1000

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu Nov 3 23:28:17 GMT 2005

On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 16:08:44 -0700, "McCullough, Ryan"
<rmccullough at rightnow.com> wrote:

>The server is not windows, I could possibly install the cvsnt linux
>server if there is an rpm available. The admin of the cvs server does
>not like installing anything unless it comes from an rpm.

I think there exists rpm:s, but I am not a Linux person so I don't
really know.

>Does the cvsmailer run on the linux version of cvsnt?

No, it is a purely Windows program. I was looking for a while to
convert it to FreePascal so it could be used on Linux as well, but it
was too much side work to get there so I skipped it...

But I would recommend you to do one thing:
Ask your CVS admin to temporarily disable the reporting tool
(cvsspam), probably by commenting out the proper lines in
CVSROOT/loginfo. Then test your large commit again.
If it works now, then cvsspam is the culprit...

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)