[cvsnt] Sudden slowdown with 2.0.62.1817

Eric B. ebenze at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 11 16:32:25 GMT 2005

Thanks for the hint, however, I can't seem to get timestamps out.

I've gone to the control panel, and enabled "Allow clients to trace server".
I've then restarted the CVS service & lock service, and issues a cvs -ttt
edit ReadMe.txt command, and see a bunch of debug trace information printed
out, but no timestamps anywhere.  Is there an additional option I need to
set somewhere to see these timestamps?

With some further testing, I've also noticed that my original Respository
responds quickly - it is my newly added respository that is quite slow.
I've checked the ACL permissions on both and they are the same.  I've also
compared the cvs trace of both, and noticed a slight difference:

The slower repository has the following lines in the trace that the first
one doesn't:
S -> ParseInfo(D:/CVS/Repository/Medix/CVSROOT/precommand, /Medix, ALL)
S -> ParseInfo(D:/CVS/Repository/Medix/CVSROOT/triggers, /Medix, ALL)
S -> ACL lookup on directory
D:/CVS/Repository/Medix/impacttest/asp/impacttest
S -> verify_acl(read,HEAD,(null))

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Eric

news:mailman.3.1131530732.17086.cvsnt at cvsnt.org...