[cvsnt] Re: cvs server : cannot write entry to log filter

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Fri Nov 18 17:51:36 GMT 2005

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 12:38:40 +0000 (UTC), Evan Chou
<cyq_0906 at yahoo.com.tw> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I'm running cvsnt on Windows 2003. cvsnt is installed by an non-admin
>domain account named "cvsadm".
>
>My customization is using logInfo to update Bugzilla database.
>
>All (echo %{sVv} & more) | logInfo.bat
>
>But it works only when cvsadm commits. When I commit CVS via other
>domain users, I always get an error message "cannot write entry to log...".
>However, the file is committed indeed.
>
>Every domain user can read/write CVS repository and can read the path to
>cvsnt.
>

>Anyone have idea to this problem?

Strange, I replied to this from my work email and it did not show up
here...

Anyway, on Win2003 the access to the %systemroot%/system32/cmd.exe
file is limited, normal users have normally no permissions on this
file.

When you execute the loginfo command CVSNT will try to launch a
cmd.exe session since your command looks like a shell command and it
fails for non-admin users.

You can do one of 2 things:

Compile a program tha does what you want and call it from the loginfo
line like so:

ALL c:/data/scripts/myloginfohandler.exe %{sVv}

or

copy the system cmd.exe file from system32 to the CVSNT program
folder. This way the copy cmd.exe will be the first one CVSNT finds
and it will possibly work.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)