[cvsnt] administrative file for cvs add

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Tue Nov 22 11:16:58 GMT 2005

Dulat Simon wrote:

> Unfortunately installing CVSNT over CVS seems to be no real option.
> Some of my colleges are using Eclipse to connect to our CVS server.
> To my knowledge CVSNT is not officially supported by Eclipse.

That is only (very) partially true for the CVSNT *client*, i.e. you
couldn't use CVSNT-specific authentication protocols directly from
within Eclipse but have to use :ext: with a wrapper utility (comes
bundled with the CVSNT client) and a configuration file. There's
nothing stopping you from using protocols like :pserver: or SSH via
:ext: or even :sserver: IIRC.

There is no limitation as to what kinds of CVS/CVSNT *servers* you
could connect to from Eclipse.

Actually IIRC, the Eclipse people worked closely together with Tony to
get it all working.

Hope this helps.

--
Oliver