[cvsnt] Re: Workspace viewer?

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Thu Nov 24 00:18:38 GMT 2005

Tony Hoyle wrote:

>> I just installed the latest version of cvsnt. It installed a program
>> called WorkspaceViewer.exe. It doesn't seem to do anything useful, and
>> there doesn't seem to be any documentation available about it.

> It does what it says on the tin... lets you view repositories, both local
> (autoconfigured via zeroconf, or manually added) or global (discovered
> over DNS from the global directory).

Ok, thanks, got it working. There seem to be a couple of bugs in the
configuration of a new local server. One is that the protocol drop-down
doesn't work correctly with the keyboard; you need to click on it for the
additional parts of the dialog to open up. Another is that the Module
setting (I'm using sspi) that I enter when setting up a new server gets
replaced with whatever I entered in the Repository line (which is of course
wrong and gives a not very helpful "command execution failed" or so error).
After the initial configuration I can change it back to what I entered
(right-click, properties), and then it sticks.

Anyway, I felt that the lack of even a short one-page description of what
it is supposed to do (and what is not supposed to work in the freebie
version) is kind of a turn-off, not a turn-on (which seemingly is the
purpose of this application).

Gerhard