[cvsnt] mirror/synchronize cvs repositories (CVSNTUpd) ?

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Tue Nov 29 11:23:11 GMT 2005

Bernhard Merkle wrote:

> The line to the provider is very thin, and also oneway. (we can not dial
> in at the provider, but they can dial at us).

> So what to do ? I can only think of: repo a the provider and mirror this
> to us, so that we have a read-only copy of the repository.

> The problem then comes when WE want to do checkins, because the repo
> is not write accessible. (because of the dial restriction).
>
> So I have to solve a problem that is really there ! ;-)

If you want to use cvs (which may not be the best solution for your case --
maybe something email based would work better, as it has the solution for
this type of situation already built-in), you probably should have a
read-only mirror of the repository at your place (possibly updated once per
day, or at whatever reasonable interval) and send your mods to someone
there (where the server is) for commit. I don't think there's anything else
you can do with cvs.

Gerhard