[cvsnt] mirror/synchronize cvs repositories (CVSNTUpd) ?

Gabriel Genellina gagenellina at softlab.com.ar
Wed Nov 30 01:18:13 GMT 2005

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 20:39:47 -0300, Gerhard Fiedler
<lists at connectionbrazil.com> wrote:

> I'm not really sure where you are going with this. Did you read my last
> message? I wrote about a team in a place without broadband. Not a company
> not signing up for broadband because of bean counting, but a team living
> and working in a place without broadband access available. Believe it or
> not, this is reality, no matter what any telecom statistics say.
> Fact is that the major part of Brazil is without broadband Internet
> access.
The case for Argentina is similar. Even the largest city (Buenos Aires)
has no full broadband coverage; some areas are limited to dialup access
only.
ADSL is not always flat-rate; monthly transfer quotas apply. Cablemodem is
usually flat (at least the ones I know of). In any case, speed isn't
astonishing.

One of my team workers lives in a rural area, near a city. But not close
enough; he's out of range for an ADSL connection (signal is too weak); the
cable company won't go that far; so his only alternative is a dial-up
connection. In this case, that's just his only choice.
But that does not prevent him from working well and using a CVSNT server.

--
Gabriel Genellina
Softlab SRL