[cvsnt] Re: cvs [login aborted]: NOBODY\Nobody: no such user

Wallace Keith Gardner w.k.gardner at comcast.net
Mon Oct 3 01:41:32 BST 2005

I'm using Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 SP2.

The machine name is "NOBODY", the Workgroup is "MSHOME", and the user "Nobody" is the only account on the machine (through the user accounts control panel). "Nobody" has administrative rights and I log in as that user on the machine. The drop-down for "Run as user" comes up with "Nobody", "Administrator", "Guest", "ASPNET", and "postgres". I installed postgres and that should be correct.

The "Default domain" field on the "Server Settings" tab on the control panel is set to "NOBODY" which was available as a drop-down other than a blank setting. I tried it with a blank setting and with "NOBODY" as the domain.

I changed the "-r" user to "postgres" for the "keith" account and same problem. I changed the "Run as user" field on the "Server Settings" tab on the control panel to "NOBODY/postgres", and i was finally able to successfully login.

Not sure why this is...either because user "Nobody" is a Windows XP Home Edition account and because "postgres" was a Windows NT account or because I was logged into the machine as that user and tried to login to that account as that user or for some other reason.