[cvsnt] Re: cvs [login aborted]: NOBODY\Nobody: no such user

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Mon Oct 3 03:07:35 BST 2005

Wallace Keith Gardner wrote:
> I am unsure how to set up SSL over sserver. I assume require
> "encryption" should be set and the key files are selected from the
> control panel configuration. Don't know if the client needs something
> similiar. If it doesn't work with Tortoise, I'll probably go ahead
> and do it over ssh.

The client doesn't normally need any configuration, especially if you're
using selfsign keys.  If you're using a proper server key then the
clients will need the CA certificate (in ca.pem, which already contains
the major ones eg. verisign, cacert).

Get pserver working and sserver should just work (in theory).  There's
plenty of debugging written out during the session setup though.. the
event log will generally give an error that'll tell you the exact problem.

ssh is different... you'll need users on the machine for that (IIRC,
unless cygwin have a workaround for it)... not really a cvsnt config
thing though (never done it on Windows.. of course ssh on unix is
already setup so I've never had to configure it there either...).