[cvsnt] Re: Commitinfo script output line endings 0d 0d 0a

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed Oct 5 18:55:10 BST 2005

On 05 Oct 2005 11:03:52 +0200, Oliver Koltermann
<okoltermann_deletethis_ at gmx.de> wrote:

>Hello again,
>
>back from 2 1/2 weeks of holiday I'm a little bit sad to see that
>nobody with scripting experience had a small advice for me. I would be
>happy to see the following two points answered:
>
>1. Is there a convention that server side scripting in CVSNT has to
>   give output with unix style line endings even on a Windows box?
>
>2. If so, can somebody help me in generating unix line endings in
>   Python?
>
>Thanks for your help!
>
>Best regards,
>O. Koltermann
>
>This was my original post:
>
>> Hello Tony, hello list,
>>
>> after sucessfully bringing life into my commitinfo trigger using a
>> Python script, I see strange line endings in the script output on the
>> client side.
>>
>> The server is running CVSNT 2.0.58d on Win2k. The Python script
>> interpreter is version 2.4.1. On the client I am running CVSNT
>> 2.5.02.2082 on WinXP Pro.
>>
>> If I run the script from a command line on the server it gives me
>> native windows line endings (0d 0a), but on the client side I receive
>> the output with doubled line endings (0d 0d 0a). Is the line ending
>> conversion done for all client/server communication? I mean the
>> repository is stored in unix format - does this mean I must use unix
>> conventions in my scripts as well? Sounds a little bit strange in a
>> Windows environment...
>>
>> I welcome any comment and suggestion. Maybe someone can even help me
>> to generate unix line endings in Python?
>>
>> Thanks for your thoughts,
>> O. Koltermann

You probably did not get a reply because noone could understand what
you were asking about...

Are you saying that your own called script does not do what you want
then you should address this to the forum dealing with the particular
language in which you have written the script.

If on the other hand you are saying that the CVSNT supplied
information *to* your script does not have the formatting you expect
then this is the place, but you need to submit more clear examples.

For example exactly what is your cvommitinfo script doing, what is the
input data and what is the output you are creating with the
discrepancies you experience.
Have you tested with a really simple script so you can check what is
going on? What happened thta you thought strange?

In my own experience with loginfo, taginfo, notify and postcommand I
have never had an issue with what CVSNT was sending me at all.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)