[cvsnt] Re: Browsing CVSNT using extssh

Mark Townsend mtownsen at nowhere.com
Fri Oct 7 18:26:31 BST 2005

I am using CVSNT on Windows 2000 Pro.  I am also connecting through
:extssh: protocol using WSAD 5.1.

I tried symlinking with Cygwin to cvs from cvs.exe and that didn't seem
to change anything.

I tried copying the cvs.exe from the cvsnt directory into the /usr/bin
directory of cygwin as 'cvs'.  That didn't change anything.

If I rename the cvs.exe to cvs won't that break pserver?

I tried pserver and pserver is returning "E cvs server", so it seems a
problem with Cygwin when launching CVSNT executable.  This problem
doesn't show itself in earlier versions fo CVSNT with Cygwin :extssh:

Tony Hoyle <tony.hoyle at march-hare.com> wrote in news:di6654$qss$2
@paris.nodomain.org:

> Mark Townsend wrote:
>> I got a response from the eclipse.platform newgroup.  They said that
>> Eclipse 2.x expects "E cvs server" not "E cvs.exe server" which the
>> latest version of CVSNT put out.  That is why browsing isn't working.
>>
>> Is there any way to change this output without changing the code?
Some